Monday, May 10, 2010

My Name is Robbie and I'm a Coffee Racist

My name is Robbie ("Hello Robbie") I've never been to these kind of meetings before, but I guess the first step is to admit being racist; I'm a coffee racist ("That's good, keep telling us about it"). Well here is the story and how I realized it:
I went to bed at around midnight last night and know that I'd wake up needing some caffeine. So I woke up at 5:30am as usual for work, go ready and headed out the door at 6:10am. At 6:15am I made it to the Starbucks that's en route to my work. When I walked in, something nicely odd happened. The Starbucks coffee maker dude asked "Caramel Machiato, right?" I politely responded "Yea, for sure, thanks!"

It was at this moment that I realized 2 things. 1) I go there too often. 2) I'm not diverse in my drinking. And thus, I've been shown the light on my racism.. coffee racism that is. Thank you Starbucks coffee maker dude, without you my day would not be as great.

("Good job! Good job to every one today guy's. See you all next Monday")

No comments:

Post a Comment