Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The App that Weighs In

Though most people nowadays are watching their weight and trying to make sure it doesn't go up, I have problems keeping my weight on. "Oh you're so lucky," some may say but the truth is that Crohn's disease is anything but lucky. I just had pizza and my stomach is hurting already!

Anyways, I require a high protein, high calorie diet in order to maintain my weight.

I just installed a Calorie Counter by FatSecret on my Droid and I am so happy that I did! There is a setup menu where I select my age and height, whether I want to maintain, lose, or gain weight, and how active I am.

It told me that because I'm active and want to gain weight, I need to eat at least 3600 calories a day.

The "Home Screen" looks like this:

The food diary allows you to either scan the barcode of the product and input the number of servings you ate/drank, or you can do a search using a variety of options. This app makes everything just so easy, you'll want to start counting calories too!

You can't see from the picture above, but below "Diet Calendar" there is also a weight tracker so you can see how you're weight fluctuates over time. You can even register on www.FatSecret.com, sync your phone as well as iGoogle and Facebook.

Now, even though I want to gain weight, you can see how this is a great tool for keep track of your calories. In the "Food Diary" menu it also shows fats, carbs, and proteins that you've consumed for that day.

Download the app today or if you don't have a Droid (it probably has an app for iPhone too), you can stilll go onto www.FatSecret.com and track your intake that way.


1 comment:

  1. Wow that's a great app! I love it! Even though I don't have an advance enough phone to have something like that... I will when I get back :-)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete